Sweet Potato Cornbread With Peach Bourbon Butter
Cornbread…oh beautiful golden delicious cornbread. I love cornbread. I mean love it! Its a main dish a side dish a only dish…all that. My favorite is sweet cornbread. And I make some delicious Honey Butter cornbread.
But this here right here. When you mix sweet potato and cornbread and then top it off with some deep flavored Peach Bourbon Butter *Insert Scream and Church dance break*. Chile listen. But they say soul food gives ya thick thighs and a back side that pokes right? Ha well cornbread is probably part of the reason I have to hop and skip a couple times when I pull my jeans up. So lets mix it up and see what happens shall we..
- 3 cups Martha White Yellow Cornmeal HotRize
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup White Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 cups Cooked Sweet Potato (Mashed)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Half and Half
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- For your Peach Bourbon Butter you simply need Butter and Evan Williams Peach Bourbon
serves If Your like me the whole pan is mine lol but it could feed 12.
- Mix all you dry ingredients first in a large mixing bowl. then you add all your wet ingredients to that and wisk all together. now I used a cast iron skillet that’s my preference for cornbread but you can use a regular pan. oil it down nicely and pour you batter in. Now pop her in the oven!
- To make your Peach Bourbon Butter pour 2 cups of the bourbon in a small sauce pan and bring it to a boil. let it boil as the water evaporates it will reduce more and more. When it reduces to the point that it will slightly stick to a spoon then remove from head and add a full stick of butter and stir in,
- Your Cornbread should come out in about 30 minutes (depending on your oven) should be a beautiful light brown sweet potato color.
Oh chile look at that…That Golden Crust….Moist…Delicious
As always share this recipe and follow for more taste bud strokin’ recipes, Thanks for Cooking With FoodDealer and Remember my measurements are my measurements Just sprinkle until the ancestors tell you that’s enough my child.
Need a Cast Iron Pan or Just interested in my Amazon Favorites? click my Amazon link here to check it out and purchase. https://www.amazon.com/shop/iamfooddealer