Curry Seafood Pot
Curry is another favorite of mine. West Indian Curry to be exact. (If you don’t have access to Blue Mountain brand Curry where you live Ill leave my Amazon Storefront link at the end of this post where you can order!) There are many different kinds of curry and all have very different flavor profiles, most of the time the ones you’ll find in store are East Indian.
This recipe is super easy and really doesn’t take long at all. but its for full of flavor you’d think it took you hours to prepare. You can alter this recipe to your liking- Like add potatoes, add onions, whatever makes your toes wiggle.you also can put whatever seafood you want in here. I kept it simple and stuck to the name SEAFOOD. Haha so lets get started shall we..
- 2lb of Red Tiger Shrimp (Raw)
- 3 Clusters Dungeness Crab
- 2-3 Lobster Tails
- Fresh Thyme
- Bay Leaf
- Garlic Cloves
- 1 Red & and Green Bell Pepper
- 4-5 Tbsp. Blue Mountain Curry
- 2 tbsp. Gourmet Garlic Brand Garlic Paste
- 2 tbsp. Onion Powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 stick butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Mustard Powder (Trust me)
- 1 Habanero or Scotch bonnet
- start with prep guys it’ll make the whole process go a lot more smooth and quick. slice you peppers and such have it all ready. no fumble! Those lobster tail, split em- take a nice sharp knife point toward the tail fin and crack down. boom its split, Lovely!
- Now you’ve got it. I use a huge Cast iron Skillet I got a few years ago from Amazon which you can also find on my storefront link. but you can use whatever pot or can is large enough to hold what you have. heat it and pour some grapeseed or avocado oil on the bottom,(be sure to keep your heat on medium and controlled) once heated throw your peppers in there. Sizzle Sizzle huh?
- Keep those peppers moving you just wanna cook em till they bend without pressure. then add you whole Thyme and slice up one stick of your butter and drop it around in there….mmm did you smell the fresh Thyme when you did that? Pop those garlic cloves and Scotch Bonnet or Habanero Whichever you chose on in there too!
- Now lets start placing your seafood in there Crab Clusters first, Lobster Split side down, then shrimp.
- Pour All of your seasoning all over on top. WAIT.. all except the curry, only put 2 tbsp. of curry in, then pour 2 cups(measure please, 2 cups in and cover with lid
- About 7-10 minutes later Now take the same measuring cup you used- put 2 tbsps. of the Garlic paste and 2 tbspn of the Curry Powder, and 1 tsp of the cornstarch in it then fill it with 1 cup of water and wisk it all together pop off the lid and pour all that in over the top and slice the other stick of butter all around the top too. Add a little seasalt. put the lid back on leave it.
In about 10-15 more minutes it should look like that..bubblin’ goodness gracious…do you smell it…oh yes that happy place again. you made that!
Chile Throw it in a bowl with some rice sprinkle some green onion on top and my toes are curlin’. That’s a meal baby.
As always share this recipe and follow for more taste bud strokin’ recipes, Thanks for Cooking With FoodDealer and Remember my measurements are my measurements Just sprinkle until the ancestors tell you that’s enough my child.
As promised here’s my storefront link where you can find the Blue Mountain Curry and That big Beautiful Cast Iron. https://www.amazon.com/shop/iamfooddealer